3R foster carers are truly unique.
As we have a mixture of dogs that can be taken in by foster carers asap, we also have other dogs that require extra time and care due to being affected by parts of deprivation in the field of socailisation, obedience, fear or confidence.
These dogs are taken into a rehabilitation environment where these dogs are taught socialisation, obedience, whilst using control measures and structure.
Foster carers for 3R take everyday care for our dogs, giving them patience, time, care and love whilst they are developing new behaviours, overcoming fears, preparing for a more relaxed, fearless life.
We provide all foster carers with a starter pack including –
- 2 x stainless steel bowls
- Dry food
- Information on your foster dog
- 24/7 support from those certified & accredited nationally in dog training and behaviour
Foster carers are asked to provide –
- Wet healthy food (not canned)
- Shelter, place to sleep
- Love and affection
- Basic obedience & any needed control behaviour guidelines
- A safe environment
- Transportation to vet appointments
- Transportation to once off professional photo shoot for adoption advertising
All potential foster carers are screened by 3R to make sure that foster carers meet the needs of those animals that are on their way to a new life. 3R dogs stay with foster carers from 4 – 16 weeks, however this can be longer or shorter depending on when a suitable forever home is found.
Once dogs are taken on by 3R, these foster dogs will be desexed, vaccinated, microchipped & heart-worm tested.
All foster carers are to advise of their closest vet & 3R organise the vet appointments. Approved and pre-arranged vet appointments are covered by 3R.